ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The DIVA Foundation, founded in 1990 by Tony nominated actress and HIV/AIDS advocate Sheryl Lee Ralph, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization created as a living memorial to the many friends she lost to HIV/AIDS as an original cast member of the Broadway musical DREAMGIRLS, and because of her concern for the threat HIV/AIDS posed to women and children.
Over the years, the DIVA Foundation has worked to break the silence and erase the stigma still connected to HIV/AIDS and encourage people to get tested in order to know their HIV status.
Your Health is your GREATEST Wealth!
Sheryl Lee Ralph
The D.I.V.A. Foundation
(Divinely Inspired Victoriously Aware) uniquely uses the transformational
power of the arts as a vehicle to raise funds, awareness, erase the stigma still connected to HIV/AIDS, mental wellness, and educate people about
STDs including HIV, Hepatitis C, and other life threatening diseases.
We simply dare to care.
• To advocate for artistic activism and innovative action, understanding that
prevention is as important as a cure.
• To be a catalyst for change in regard to reversing the negative social perception of this disease. HIV/AIDS is not just a Gay disease, AIDS affects us all.
• To recognize that men, women, children, young, old, black, white, red, brown, and yellow people must work together in a healthy partnership to solve what has become a continuing global pandemic with devastating consequences to all human beings.
• To help others light the light of compassion as we continue to fight the good fight against HIV/AIDS.
• To support those who take responsibility for themselves and others by making educated, informed choices, and living a healthy lifestyle.
The D.I.V.A. Foundation is a positive force in the lives of those who are infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.